Samples Of Work
Facilitation of Partnering Sessions, Forums, and Strategic Planning:
- Awarded International Partnering Institute’s 2012 and 2013 Diamond Awards for the facilitation of partnering sessions on Utah Transit Authority’s West Valley TRAX Light Rail and Airport Line Projects.
- Guided the two-year partnering process for the $192 million sbX E Street Corridor BRT Line in San Bernardino, CA. The 15.7-mile system in the inland empire of California that opened in April 2014.
- Facilitation of Forums, Retreats and Strategic Planning:
- Hired to provide strategic planning services in 2013 for Utah Transit Authority’s 2020 Strategic Plan.
- Facilitated the 2013 Transit Leadership Summit in Singapore for the Regional Plan Association.
- Facilitated roundtable sessions for tolling (IBTTA) and transit (APTA) agency boards of directors.
- Developed strategic plans for agencies at national, state and local levels.
- Assessed functioning of transit agency senior leadership team. Facilitated transit agency strategic planning process.
- Provided time limited interventions to multi-consultant project partners to recalibrate working relationships.
- Facilitated transit agency labor/management partnering meeting during time of arbitration.
Individual Coaching and Consultation and Assessment:
The GannonConsult team provides hundreds of hours of guidance and coaching to public and private sector transportation leaders, assisting them as they work through times of transition, personal development, and goal planning.
GannonConsult team members are certified to pair coaching and consultation with multiple assessment options including the Bar-On Emotional Intelligence Quotient 2.0, the DiSC personal assessment, and the Lominger Leadership Architect as well as many others. For a full list of assessment capabilities please contact Lindsey Robertson.
Team Capacity Building / Executive Team Consultation:
Building the capacity of senior leadership teams is a significant part of the GannonConsult portfolio. We work to assess the functioning of senior leadership teams and provide time-limited consultation to executive leadership groups in modal agencies of all sizes.
Professional Development: Customized Training / Course Design:
- Collaborated with the International Bridge, Turnpike and Tolling Association (IBTTA) to develop the IBTTA Leadership Academy’s Executive Development Program. The GannonConsult team currently directs this course for IBTTA.
- Established the Eno Center for Transportation Leadership (CTL) to offer national, professional development courses across the career span of surface transportation professionals. Developed courses for mid-level managers, senior leaders and transportation agency boards in partnership with Texas DOT, Pennsylvania DOT, AASHTO, IBTTA, APTA, NTI and FTA. GannonConsult will deliver Eno’s 2014 Transit Executive Seminar.
- Designed an internship program for a private transportation provider and continue to support the program through ongoing quarterly training.
- Faculty and Group Facilitator for the National Urban Mass Transit Seminars for Northeastern University. Course curriculum designed to provide clear understanding of adult education, group dynamics and training in the transportation sector.
Leadership Study Groups:
Hired by Texas Transit Institute and the Texas Department of Transportation to create and facilitate Leadership Study Groups for Texas small urban and rural transit managers in 2014 and 2015.
- Principal Investigator for TCRP J-6 Task 54, Develop a Curriculum for Leadership Development Workshop for Upper Level Managers Serving in Public- and Private-Sector Organizations in the Transit Industry.
- GannonConsult Team’s current research interests include: Professional Development for Transportation Leaders: Establishing the Return on Investment and Encouraging a Diverse Workforce: The Role of a Leader.